Aug 06, 2009
Having only OpenSolaris on this machine I needed a way of flashing the bios with an update.
Before I proceed any further; flashing your bios incorrectly/incompletely CAN and most likely WILL render your machine useless. The information which I am providing worked/works on my specific machine.
Now to the task at hand. Having only OpenSolaris on this machine and wishing to update my bios firmware I had two choices:
- use a recovery disc I made after purchase, which would entail installing Vista for the sole purpose of this procedure
- use a usb stick with the needed bin on it and flash from that
I chose the latter and here's how I did it:
- Download the spXXXXX.exe from hp site
- unpack the .exe using cabextract
- rename the extension from xxxx.FD to xxxx.BIN /* x = the alphanumeric string proceeding the extension */
- insert USB key ; cp xxxx.BIN /media ; umount /media ; shutdown
- Remove the battery from the unit
- Unplug mains
- Hold down 'Windows' and 'B' keys ; re-plug mains and press power button
- After the flash completes and before the machine starts, remove the USB key
Jul 24, 2009
A few notes on automounting from Linux server to OpenSolaris clients.
Recently setting up a few Opensolaris NFS clients served from Linux exports, I encountered an error:
Jul 24 13:02:53 osolmobil.swatteksystems.com nfs: [ID 435675 kern.warning] WARNING: NFS server initial call to 192.168.0.64 failed: Not owner
To fix this, I added entries on the NFS clients like so within /etc/auto_master (unchanged) & /etc/auto_direct files:
/data -onosuid,vers=3 192.168.0.64:/data
Dec 12, 2008
Want to link a tab to an url so it opens directly in Plone 3? Here's how!
Creating a tab to link to an external url is quite straightforward. Open site setup > zmi > portal_actions > portal_tabs and go to the right hand drop-down, leave at CMF Action and hit Add. Add the id (i.e. Blog). Now open the newly created 'Blog' and edit it with your info to look like this image
So now that you have entered Title Blog, Url string:http://foobar.com and selected View under Permissions as well as ticked Visible and saved, you should have a tab which will redirect to an external url!